- Join us this spring for a guided Rhododendron Walk at Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens each Saturday in April and May at 1PM.
- Enjoy a superb spring day at the Gardens learning about our pollinators and native plants. All ages are invited to explore, observe, and engage. Come and enjoy family activities and entertainment from 10:00AM to 2:00PM!
- The 44th annual John Druecker Memorial Rhododendron Show will be held at the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens on Saturday, May 6 and Sunday, May 7.
- This year's Spring Plant Sale includes DISCOUNTS ON ALL PLANT PURCHASES from April 21 through April 30!
- Join Janie Notmeyer of Janie's Dahlias on Saturday, April 29 and learn to grow dazzling dahlias.
- On this lovely spring evening, MCBG members will enjoy first choice of all sale items for our Spring Plant Sale...
- Deadline: March 31, 2023 Now accepting applications for the Sculpture Gallery at Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens. Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens partners with the Arts Council of...
- Join Master Gardener, Jill Surdzial and Gopher Getter, Rick Bressler and learn to rid your yard of pesky burrowing rodents.
- We hope you will consider joining MCBGs' Docent Team! This year's Docent Training will include three days of training plus monthly learning opportunities. The theme of the training is “Inspiring Joy and Learning in the Garden”
- Join MCBG Nursery Manager, Lyn Anton, and learn to divide dahlias before they begin to sprout. Lyn will discuss dahlia anatomy and the different types of dahlias before diving into the art of dahlia division.
- Take a guided tour of the MCBG Mushroom Collection! The Gardens is home to more than 160 species of wild mushrooms during fall and winter.
- It is time for the annual Friends of the Gardens (FOG) Holiday Wreath Sale. Support the Gardens and add one of these fragrant beauties to your home!
- The 12th annual Festival of Lights will run rain or shine each Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evening from November 25 through December 18.
- This two-day workshop consists of an interactive lecture with demonstrations and an optional Field ID Walk to find mushrooms associated with the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens' native plant communities.
- While we wait patiently for rain... let's learn where our magnificent mushrooms like to live!
- Enjoy 10% off all plants, current Members of the Gardens receive 20% off! The Garden Store and Nursery will also have clearance prices (10% to 50% off) on select items.
- In this generative writing workshop, you’ll have an opportunity to put pen to paper and play with words, taking inspiration from nature and the garden. We’ll write in response to prompts and then read work aloud (optional) and receive precise positive responses.
- Join Horticulturist, Mishele Stettenbenz to learn why pollinators are so important and why they need our help.
- The Friends of the Gardens (FOG) annual Birdhouse Auction will run May 27 through August 11!
- Grab a friend or three and join Miss Rossi in creating a 16" x 20" masterpiece painting at the beautiful Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens on August 5, 6, or 7!
- These beginning acrylic painting classes are tailored to children ages 9 and older. Each student will take home their very own 11" x 14" painting on artist's canvas!
- Create a basket made from long-needled Coulter pine needles. Learn how to begin to coil using just raffia and pine needles and create a unique design using four distinct stitches.
- Create a portrait of an animal in collage working from photo references in a lively and supportive atmosphere.
- Join Wyatt Emig, MCBG Horticulturist, in planning your own cut flower garden. From the beginning stages to harvest, Wyatt will share tips for success.
- Bumble Bees & Beneficials Field Day is a family Earth Day event to sing praise for our buzzing companions! All ages are invited to explore, observe, and engage in protecting our native pollinators.
- Become a citizen scientist and learn to observe and study native plants via iNaturalist, an easy-to-use mobile app!
- Birdwatching is this month's Sprouts activity! Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is offering a series of self-guided activities for kids and parents to do together. Activities include birdwatching, nature breathing, whale watching, pulley systems, getting to know trees, and more. All activities will be available in English and Spanish.
- Get outside and learn with SPROUTS! Take the whole family on a relaxing journey through the Gardens as you learn to "breath like a tree" from your leaves to your roots or practice "Bunny Breathing".
- This workshop will help you optimize performance from your fruit trees, according to your own needs and the specific environment in which the trees are growing.
- Bring new life to your rose garden with a hard winter snip and clip! Join Horticulturist Mishele Stettenbenz for hands-on training and learn basic techniques for pruning and shaping roses and other ornamental shrubs.
- Get outside and learn with SPROUTS! Have you ever used a tangent height gauge or dichotomous key? Learn to use this handy tool to identify items in the natural world. We will have marked several trees for you to practice identifying using the Pacific Coast Tree Finder.
- Join us for a little holiday fun with the California Native Plant Society (CNPS) ! Wreath Masters is a friendly competition between botanic gardens, nurseries,...
- How many bird species can you document at the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens (MCBG) this winter? We challenge you to document as many birds as you can from January 1 - March 19 using the iNaturalist app or iNaturalist website.
- Calling all citizen scientists... We challenge you to capture the biodiversity at the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens between May 1 and June 19 using the iNaturalist app.
- Learn to see flowers in a new light. Life is too short to shoot boring photos and you will learn how to create images that will change the way you use your camera and your imaging editing software.
- ~ GIVEAWAY ~ Tag your rhododendron blooms on Instagram for a chance to win a MCBG membership!
- #MendoWreathMasters GIVEAWAY — Let's see what you can do! Post photos of your festively decorated wreaths for a chance to win 4 tickets to the Gardens!
- In lieu of a traditional Rhododendron Show, the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is hosting a photo competition to highlight this season's best rhodie specimens.
- Colors in Nature is this month's Sprouts activity! Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is offering a series of self-guided activities for kids and parents to do together. Activities include birdwatching, nature breathing, whale watching, pulley systems, getting to know trees, and more. All activities will be available in English and Spanish.
- April 24 through April 27: In place of our spring BioBlitz at the Gardens, we invite you to explore your own natural surroundings using the iNaturalist app.
- The Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is hosting an abundant celebration in the organic demonstration Vegetable Garden and new Education Center located in the restored historic farmhouse. Join us for an afternoon brimming with knowledge and nourishment focused on mushrooms, fruits, vegetables, fermentation, and all things autumn.
- Saturday, June 23, 2018 from 1:30 to 3:00 This special event is coordinated by members of the Fort Bragg Garden Club! The ...
- World-class botanical illustrator Sasha Viazmensky is traveling from his home in St. Petersburg, Russia to teach a botanical art class on the Mendocino Coast!
- Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is always dog-friendly, boasting 47-acres and tons of trails for your pup to explore... On Sunday, August 26, we celebrate National Dog Day with a bit of extra love for our canine visitors.
- Bring new life to your rose garden! Join us for a hands-on training and learn basic techniques for pruning and shaping roses and other ornamental shrubs.
- Learn to capture those mycological wonders from one of the premier mushroom photographers in the nation! This full-day workshop will teach you how to get those fungi in focus with tips on lighting, equipment, and finding that perfect wild mushroom specimens.
« Previous: Festival of Lights