Saturday, November 3, 2018
1:00PM to 5:00PM
The Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is hosting an abundant celebration in the organic demonstration Vegetable Garden and new Education Center located in the restored historic farmhouse.
Join us for an afternoon brimming with knowledge and nourishment focused on mushrooms, fruits, vegetables, fermentation, and all things autumn. Enjoy wine tastings with Bee Hunter Wines, mushroom identification walks with local Mycologist Mario Abreu, a guest lecture by Eric Schramm of Mendocino Mushrooms, fresh pressed apple juice straight from our orchard, demonstrations by the Mendocino County Herb Guild, Shroom Snack mushroom jerky samples, and much more:
- Bee Hunter Wines – Wine tastings
- Local craft brews - Beer tastings
- Fresh pressed apple juice tastings
- Rhody's Garden Café – Mushroom Barley soup tasting
- Fall bites by Sugar Coated Catering and others
- Seaside String Sisters – American folk music
- Mario Abreu – Mushroom ID walks at 1:30 and 4:00PM
- Eric Schramm — Lecture at 3:00PM
- Mendocino Coast Mushroom Club — Booth and demonstrations
- Mendocino County Herb Guild — Hot tea and "toddy" of their Harvest Brew Fire Cider
- Mycolab Solutions — Create your own grow at home oyster mushroom kit
- MCBG Gardener booth – Tastings of edible weeds and seed planting demonstrations for fall cover crops
- Jacquelyn Cisper – Handcrafted mushroom cards and artwork
- Master Gardeners – Q&A booth
Cost for adults (age 15 and older) is $25 per person; $15 for Gardens Members. Children are welcome to attend, you can pay their admission on the day of the event at the front entrance ($8 for juniors age 6 to 14; free for children age 5 and under; free for children under MCBG Household Memberships). Gardens admission, educational demonstrations, fall bites, brews, wine, and beer tastings included! Sign up in advance or pay at the door. If you choose to sign up in advance (space is limited), you will be added to the will call list at the front entrance on Saturday, November 3. This purchase allows you admission to the Gardens for the day and admission to the Coastal Cornucopia event.
One of many fun activities during Mendocino County's FEAST MENDOCINO. Click here to see more events.
Date: Saturday, November 3, 2018
Schedule Details: 1:00PM to 5:00PM
Payment Information: Cost for adults (age 15 and older) is $25 per person; $15 for Gardens Members. Children are welcome to attend, you can pay their admission on the day of the event at the front entrance ($8 for juniors age 6 to 15; free for children age 5 and under; free for children under MCBG Household Memberships). Sign up in advance on this web page (see above) or pay at the door. Gardens admission, educational demonstrations, fall bites, brews, and wine included! Payment is due upon sign-up. Please note, this fee is non-refundable unless the event has been canceled or rescheduled by the Gardens. Please call 707-964-4352 ext 10 if you wish to sign up 7 or more people.
Contact: MCBG Event Coordinator, Jamie Campione
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 707-964-4352 ext. 19