MCBG Board of Directors
- Liz O'Hara - President
- Howard Pollack - Vice President
- Tim Gage - Treasurer
- Jill Surdzial - Secretary
- Barbara Burkey - MCRPD Representative
- Tracy Barrett
- Susan Cimmiyotti
- Jean Mann
- Jamie Peters-Connolly
The Board of Directors for the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 4:00PM via Zoom.
Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens' mission is to engage and enrich lives by displaying and conserving plants in harmony with our Northern California coastal ecosystems and to preserve public access to the coast.
- To be a treasured resource that inspires joy and learning through our exquisite gardens and important collections, restored natural environment, and unique cultural history.
- To provide superior plant selections and excellent design in display and demonstration gardens while protecting native plants and wildlife habitat in conservation areas.
- Community: We will be a resource for inspiration, learning, and recreation for our local and extended communities.
- Relationships: We respect and value all members of the Gardens community—visitors, staff, volunteers, members, and contributors.
- Conservation: We will protect the plants, the natural environment, and the cultural history of the land we occupy.
- Excellence: We will strive for the highest professional standards in everything we do.
- Fiscal Stewardship: It is our responsibility to ensure the fiscal health of the Gardens.
- Integrity: We will conduct all activities in an open, ethical, and inclusive manner.
- Sustainability: We will manage the resources of the Gardens in an environmentally responsible manner.