Call for Board Candidates
Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is looking for candidates to run for our Board of Directors election for the 2018-2020 term. Board duties and activities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and support the mission and tax-exempt purpose of Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens.
- Approve and periodically update long-range plans.
- Monitor the progress and services of Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens to assure that objectives are being achieved in best possible manner.
- Establish policy as necessary.
- Assure that Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is effectively integrated with the community, its publics, and other institutions.
Desirable candidates have a background in fundraising, development and/or strategic planning; possess strong relationships and ties within the community, and are familiar with the Gardens. Candidates must be an active member of the Gardens as of January 1, 2018, be available to attend monthly board meetings the second Wednesday of the month at 4PM, and complete 15 hours of volunteer service before being seated on the board (candidates voted onto the Board have 1 month to complete these volunteer hours between the time the ballots are counted in mid-April and the annual meeting in mid-May).
Applications are due January 31, 2018. Please pick up an application in our admin office M-F 8:30-5PM. Or email email@example.com to receive an electronic copy. If you have any inquiries, please call 707-964-4352 x 10.