Dogs in the Gardens
Dogs are welcome to visit Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens during all regular hours (some events excluded) and enjoy free admission. We need your help keeping this privilege available. We do ask that you follow our Canine Guest Policy, respect the grounds, and respect that some people may not love dogs as much as you do.
Canine Guest Policy
- Owners take full responsibility for their dog’s behavior.
- Dogs must remain on a leash at all times while on site (this includes the parking lot). The leash must be kept at 6' or less at all times. Non-retractable leashes are preferred.
- For the safety of your dog and the natural environment, stay on established trails, paths, and routes.
- The Gardens is home to more than just our plant collections. Keep your dogs in sight and under your control at all times and do not allow them to disturb the wildlife.
- Please leave the Gardens as you found it! Clean up after your dog. Bags and trash receptacles are available throughout the property.
- Dogs are welcome in the Vegetable Garden but we ask that you keep them extra close and try to keep them from peeing or pooping in this edible garden area.
- Misbehaving dogs will be asked to leave the property.
Be sure to check event guidelines prior to bringing your pup. Dogs are not permitted at some of our special events such as Festival of Lights (mid-November to mid-December). Plan to keep your pets at home or arrange for doggy daycare during these special events. Here are some local options for pet care while you attend one of our fantastic events: