Hours & Admissions
CURRENT VISITING HOURS
- 10:00am to 5:00pm daily – Advanced tickets required
- MCBG Members enjoy exclusive early admission from 9:00am to 10:00am daily
- 10:00am to 5:00pm daily – Reciprocal Garden Program Members – No reservation required. Show proof of current membership for entry.
Please purchase tickets online prior to visiting. Advanced tickets are required for non-members and guests of members. Tickets are not required to shop for plants or items from The Garden Store. Members of the Gardens do not need a reservation to visit or shop.
Advanced tickets required — GET TICKETS
Visitors must purchase tickets online prior to visiting. Please read and adhere to the Visiting Guidelines listed below. On the 1st of each month, tickets will be released for the following month. We recommend planning for at least a 2-hour visit if you wish to see the entirety of our 47-acre botanical garden which includes 4 miles (6.44 km) of trails and about a half-mile walk to the ocean (one way).
General Admission Rates:
FREE Members of the Gardens enjoy free admission. Become a member today!
$15.00 General Admission (15 and older)
$12.00 Seniors (65 and older)
$8.00 Juniors (aged 6 to 14)
FREE Children (aged 5 and under)
Admission Discounts Available:
$10.00 Local's Discount – Coast Resident (MCRPD district - Gualala to Westport)
$10.00 Member's Guests (when accompanied by a member)
FREE Active Duty Military
FREE American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Garden Program Members!
All tickets are non-refundable. Proceeds directly benefit our non-profit botanical garden and its mission is to engage and enrich lives by displaying and conserving plants in harmony with our Northern California coastal ecosystems and to preserve public access to the coast.
Purchase, Renew, or Gift a Membership
Membership to the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens gives you free admission to the Gardens for individuals or the households (depending on membership level), discounted admission for guests of members, discounts on workshops, discounts in The Garden Store and Nursery, invitations to special member events, free or discounted admission at more than 330 other public gardens (find participating gardens), and more. CLICK HERE for full details.
$40 Senior Individual (65 and older)
$70 Senior Household
$125 - $1,000 Business Membership
- No walk-ups! Unless you are a current member or just shopping the Store or Nursery, you must purchase tickets online prior to your visit. Daily capacity is capped to ensure necessary space for social distancing.
- We ask that all visitors read and follow our local Health Order.
- The Garden Store and Nursery are open daily! Shop anytime — no reservation required. The Nursery is also offering curbside pick-up ($20 minimum please). Call 707-964-4352 x 12 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order.
- Well-behaved dogs on leashes no longer than 6 feet are welcome and enjoy free admission.
- If you are sick, please stay home.
- Leave 6 feet of space between you and others not in your party. If passing another visitor on a trail, please announce yourself and provide space for fellow guests to pass.
- All visitors must wear face masks that cover the nose and mouth in accordance with the Mendocino County Health Order at all times to protect yourself, other guests, and our staff.
- There will be limited access to restrooms. Bring your own water as all water fountains will be turned off. Plan to wash or sanitize your hands regularly. Please help us keep the grounds clean — pack it in, pack it out.
- All visitors must follow State, Mendocino County, and CDC requirements. Visitors not following requirements may be asked to leave.
Thank you for helping everyone stay healthy!
HOW TO GET HERE
- Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is located on the west side of State Highway One at 18220 North Highway 1 between Fort Bragg, California and Mendocino, California. CLICK HERE for directions.
- Parking is free but limited, please plan to carpool. Overflow parking is available for RVs and oversized vehicles just south of the main entrance. You will see signs directing you to the overflow lot off of Ocean Drive.
FEATURES & ACCESSIBILITY
- The Gardens' main trails are wheelchair accessible to the ocean. We have a number of electric carts available for guests with mobility issues on a first-come, first-served basis. A $10 fee will be charged for rental. A cart rental agreement must be signed in order to rent an electric cart. For your safety, electric carts are not available on wet/rainy days.
- Dogs welcome! Well-mannered dogs on leashes no longer than 6 feet are welcome and enjoy free admission. Please note: Dogs are not permitted at some of our special events including but not limited to Art in the Gardens (1st Saturday in August) and Festival of Lights (mid-November to mid-December). Please plan to keep your pets at home or arrange for doggy daycare during these special events.
- Workshops and guided walks – Our Calendar includes information on classes, workshops, and ongoing monthly activities.
GROUPS, TOURS, & WEDDINGS
- Educational Visits: Educational/student groups of all ages receive free admission if scheduled in advance with our administrative offices. We do require that all educational groups follow current Mendocino County health guidelines. At this time we cannot offer docents or guided tours. For more information about scheduling a visit, please call 707-964-4352 ext. 10 or email email@example.com.
- Private Events: The natural splendor of our coastal botanical garden offers a gorgeous backdrop for special occasions whether you are celebrating an anniversary or throwing a company picnic. We do require that all current Mendocino County health guidelines are followed. For information about holding a private event at one of the Gardens outdoor sites, please contact 707-964-4352 ext. 19 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weddings Ceremonies & Receptions: We are here to make your day special. We encourage you to take a tour of the Gardens and discover the variety of sites available for a wedding ceremony or reception. We do require that all current Mendocino County health guidelines are followed. More information and pictures of our most popular sites. For information about booking a wedding or to schedule a tour, please contact 707-964-4352 ext. 19 or email@example.com.