Visiting Hours & Ticket Info
WINTER HOURS (Nov-Feb): 10:00am to 4:00pm daily
Admission tickets must be purchased in advance. We have a limited number of timed entry tickets available each day. To purchase tickets for our events, workshops, or walks please visit our calendar. Dogs are welcome during regular visiting hours, dogs are not allowed at Festival of Lights.
MCBG Members – Visiting hours are 9:00am to 4:00pm daily. Reservations/tickets are not required to visit. Discounted member-guest tickets can be purchased in person at the Gardens, they are not available online. Members enjoy exclusive early admission from 9:00am to 10:00am daily.
- AHS Reciprocal Admissions Program Members – Visiting hours are 10:00am to 4:00pm daily – Reservations/tickets are not required to visit. Show proof of current membership for entry.
Advanced tickets required — GET TICKETS
Tickets are limited and we highly recommend that all visitors purchase tickets online prior to visiting to ensure availability. To purchase tickets for our events, workshops, or walks please visit our calendar. Please read and adhere to the Visiting Guidelines listed below. We recommend planning for at least a 2-hour visit if you wish to see the entirety of our 47-acre botanical garden which includes 4 miles (6.44 km) of trails and about a half-mile walk to the ocean (one way). We recommend comfortable shoes and reusable water bottles to fully enjoy your visit.
General Admission Rates:
$15.00 General Admission (15 and older)
$12.00 Seniors (65 and older)
$8.00 Juniors (aged 6 to 14)
FREE Children (aged 5 and under)
Group Admission Rates – 15 or more guests:
$15.00 Group Admission
FREE Educational Organization Group Admission
Groups of 15 or more guests are required to schedule a group visit or guided tour with our Administrative Coordinator. Special ticket prices are not available for groups of 15 or more guests (i.e., junior, senior, coast resident, etc…). The Group Admission Rates cover the docents and staff time. CLICK HERE to read our group guidelines and request a group visit.
Admission Discounts Available:
FREE Members of the Gardens enjoy free admission. Become a member!
$10.00 Member Guests – discounted tickets can be purchased online or upon entry (MCBG member must be present)
$10.00 Local Discount – Coast Resident (MCRPD district - Gualala to Westport)
$12.00 Military Discount – discount available for all military personnel (active, retired, and veterans)
FREE American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Garden Program Members! No reservations/tickets required. Show proof of current membership for entry.
All tickets are non-refundable. Proceeds directly benefit our nonprofit botanical garden and its mission is to engage and enrich lives by displaying and conserving plants in harmony with our Northern California coastal ecosystems and to preserve public access to the coast.
We ask our guests to follow these simple guidelines to ensure that everyone at this garden by the sea has an enjoyable experience.
- Advanced reservations are required! Please purchase tickets online prior to your visit unless you are a current MCBG Member, RAP Member or just shopping the Store or Nursery.
- Groups visiting with 15 or more guests must schedule a visit at least 4 weeks in advance. Please CLICK HERE to read the Group Visit Guidelines and complete a request form to schedule your visit.
- Dogs are welcome and enjoy free admission. Please clean up after your dog and keep them leashed and close to you at all times. Please note, there are a handful of special events at which we do not allow dogs, such as but not limited to, Festival of Lights. Please do check event guidelines prior to bringing your pup.
- The Garden Store (gift shop) and Nursery are open daily, no tickets or reservations required to shop. Rhody's Garden Café is closed for the season and will re-open in April of 2023.
- We have a number of electric carts available for guests with mobility issues on a first-come, first-served basis. For your safety, electric carts are not available on wet/rainy days. Weight capacity is 400 lbs. A $10 fee will be charged for rental. A cart rental agreement must be signed in order to rent an electric cart.
- We ask that all visitors consider wearing a face mask in our indoor areas and when interacting with our staff. Please read and follow our local Health Order. If you are sick, please stay home.
Membership to the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens gives you free admission to the Gardens for individuals or the households (depending on membership level), discounted admission for guests of members, discounts on workshops, discounts in The Garden Store and Nursery, invitations to special member events, free or discounted admission at more than 350 other public gardens (find participating gardens), and more. CLICK HERE for full details.
How to get here
- Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is located on the west side of State Highway One at 18220 North Highway 1 between Fort Bragg, California and Mendocino, California. CLICK HERE for directions.
- Parking is free, but limited, please plan to carpool. Overflow parking is available for RVs and oversized vehicles just south of the main entrance. You will see signs directing you to the overflow lot off of Ocean Drive.
Groups, Tours, and Weddings
- Group Visits: Groups visiting with 15 or more guests must schedule a visit at least 4 weeks in advance. The Group Admission Rates ($15/person) covers the docents and staff time. Please read the Group Visit Guidelines and complete a request form to schedule your visit. For more information about scheduling a visit, please call 707-964-4352 ext. 10 or email email@example.com.
- Educational Organization Group Visits: Educational/student groups of all ages receive free admission if scheduled at least 4 weeks in advance. Please complete this questionnaire to submit your group's visit request. For more information about scheduling a visit, please call 707-964-4352 ext. 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Events: The natural splendor of our coastal botanical garden offers a gorgeous backdrop for special occasions, whether you are celebrating an anniversary or throwing a company picnic. We do require that all current Mendocino County health guidelines are followed. For information about holding a private event at one of the Gardens outdoor sites, please email MCBG Event Coordinator, Jamie Campione at email@example.com.
- Weddings Ceremonies: We are here to make your day special. We encourage you to take a tour of the Gardens and discover the variety of sites available for wedding ceremonies. We do require that all current Mendocino County health guidelines are followed. More information and pictures of our most popular sites. For information about booking a wedding or to schedule a tour, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about visiting the Gardens call us at 707-964-4352 ext 16 or email email@example.com.