Visiting the Gardens
CURRENT VISITING HOURS
- 10:00am to 4:00pm daily – Advanced tickets are required for non-members and guests of members. Please purchase tickets online prior to visiting.
- MCBG Members enjoy exclusive early admission from 9:00am to 10:00am daily. Reservations/tickets are not required to visit. Member-guest tickets can be purchased online in advance.
- AHS Reciprocal Garden Program Members – Visiting hours are 10:00am to 5:00pm daily – Reservations/tickets are not required to visit. Show proof of current membership for entry.
Advanced tickets required — GET TICKETS
Visitors must purchase tickets online prior to visiting. Please read and adhere to the Visiting Guidelines listed below. On the 1st of each month, tickets will be released for the following month. We recommend planning for at least a 2-hour visit if you wish to see the entirety of our 47-acre botanical garden which includes 4 miles (6.44 km) of trails and about a half-mile walk to the ocean (one way). We recommend comfortable shoes and reusable water bottles to fully enjoy your visit.
General Admission Rates:
FREE Members of the Gardens enjoy free admission. Become a member today!
$15.00 General Admission (15 and older)
$12.00 Seniors (65 and older)
$8.00 Juniors (aged 6 to 14)
FREE Children (aged 5 and under)
Admission Discounts Available:
$10.00 Local's Discount – Coast Resident (MCRPD district - Gualala to Westport)
$10.00 Member's Guests (when accompanied by a member)
FREE Active Duty Military
FREE American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Garden Program Members! No reservations/tickets required. Show proof of current membership for entry.
All tickets are non-refundable. Proceeds directly benefit our non-profit botanical garden and its mission is to engage and enrich lives by displaying and conserving plants in harmony with our Northern California coastal ecosystems and to preserve public access to the coast.
We ask our guests to follow these simple guidelines to ensure that everyone at this garden by the sea has an enjoyable experience.
- Advanced reservations are required! Please purchase tickets online prior to your visit unless you are a current MCBG Member, RAP Member or just shopping the Store or Nursery.
- Dogs are welcome and enjoy free admission. Please clean up after your dog and keep them are leashed at all times.
- The Garden Store (gift shop) and Nursery are open dialy, no reservations required to shop.
- We have a number of electric carts available for guests with mobility issues on a first-come, first-served basis. A $10 fee will be charged for rental. A cart rental agreement must be signed in order to rent an electric cart. For your safety, electric carts are not available on wet/rainy days.
- Well-behaved dogs on leashes no longer than 6 feet are welcome and enjoy free admission. Please note, there are a handful of special events at which we do not allow dogs.
- We ask that all visitors continue to wear a face mask in our indoor areas and when interacting with our staff. Face masks are required indoors in accordance with the current Mendocino County Health Order. Please read and follow our local Health Order. If you are sick, please stay home.
Purchase, Renew, or Gift a Membership
Membership to the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens gives you free admission to the Gardens for individuals or the households (depending on membership level), discounted admission for guests of members, discounts on workshops, discounts in The Garden Store and Nursery, invitations to special member events, free or discounted admission at more than 350 other public gardens (find participating gardens), and more. CLICK HERE for full details.
$40 Senior Individual (65 and older)
$70 Senior Household
$125 - $1,000 Business Membership
HOW TO GET HERE
- Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is located on the west side of State Highway One at 18220 North Highway 1 between Fort Bragg, California and Mendocino, California. CLICK HERE for directions.
- Parking is free but limited, please plan to carpool. Overflow parking is available for RVs and oversized vehicles just south of the main entrance. You will see signs directing you to the overflow lot off of Ocean Drive.
FEATURES & ACCESSIBILITY
- The Gardens' main trails are wheelchair accessible to the ocean. We have a limited number of electric carts available for guests with mobility issues on a first-come, first-served basis. PLEASE NOTE: We will be temporarily unable to rent electric scooters from 9/13/21 through the rest of September. We do hope to have them available again by early October. A $10 fee will be charged for rental. A cart rental agreement must be signed in order to rent an electric cart. For your safety, electric carts are not available on wet/rainy days.
- Dogs welcome! Well-mannered dogs on leashes no longer than 6 feet are welcome and enjoy free admission. Please note: Dogs are not permitted at some of our special events including but not limited to Art in the Gardens (1st Saturday in August) and Festival of Lights (mid-November to mid-December). Please plan to keep your pets at home or arrange for doggy daycare during these special events.
- Workshops and guided walks – Our Calendar includes information on classes, workshops, and ongoing monthly activities.
GROUPS, TOURS, & WEDDINGS
- Educational Visits: Educational/student groups of all ages receive free admission if scheduled in advance with our administrative offices. We do require that all educational groups follow current Mendocino County health guidelines. At this time we cannot offer docents or guided tours. For more information about scheduling a visit, please call 707-964-4352 ext. 10 or email email@example.com.
- Private Events: The natural splendor of our coastal botanical garden offers a gorgeous backdrop for special occasions whether you are celebrating an anniversary or throwing a company picnic. We do require that all current Mendocino County health guidelines are followed. For information about holding a private event at one of the Gardens outdoor sites, please contact 707-964-4352 ext. 19 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weddings Ceremonies: We are here to make your day special. We encourage you to take a tour of the Gardens and discover the variety of sites available for wedding ceremonies. We do require that all current Mendocino County health guidelines are followed. More information and pictures of our most popular sites. For information about booking a wedding or to schedule a tour, please contact email@example.com.
Videos from the Gardens
Fill your days with beauty as we continue to post images of blooms and scenes from our 47 acre garden by the sea on the MCBG YouTube channel, MCBG Facebook, and Instagram feeds. View the latest VIDEOS HERE!