Visiting Hours & Ticket Info
The Gardens is open daily during the hours listed below with the exception of Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Hours and admission prices will vary on the first weekend in August for our annual summer fundraiser, Art in the Gardens (8/3 and 8/4/2024).
WINTER HOURS (November - March):
9:00am to 4:00pm daily
Admission tickets are available at the main entrance (we are no longer selling daily admission tickets online). Discounted tickets for guests of MCBG Members can be purchased in person at the Gardens.
Parking is free, but limited. Please carpool if possible.
- AHS Reciprocal Admissions Program Members receive free admissions with proof of current membership.
- Groups with 15 or more guests are required to schedule a group visit or guided tour with our Administrative Coordinator at least 3 weeks in advance.
Admission tickets are available at the main entrance. For a more leisurely and less crowded stroll, consider coming before 11AM or after 2PM. Plan for at least a 1.5-hour visit if you wish to see the entirety of our 47-acre botanical garden which includes 4 miles (6.44 km) of trails. It is about a half-mile walk to the ocean and a half-mile walk from the ocean back to the main entrance. We recommend comfortable shoes and reusable water bottles to fully enjoy your visit. All tickets are non-refundable. Proceeds directly benefit our nonprofit botanical garden and its mission is to engage and enrich lives by displaying and conserving plants in harmony with our Northern California coastal ecosystems and to preserve public access to the coast.
General Admission Rates
$20.00 General Admission (15 and older)
$17.00 Seniors (65 and older)
$8.00 Juniors (age 6 to 14)
FREE Children (age 5 and younger)
Group Admission Rates – 15 or more guests
Groups of 15 or more guests are required to schedule a group visit or guided tour at least 3 weeks in advance with our Administrative Coordinator. Discounted Admission Rates are not available for groups of 15 or more guests (i.e. local, military, etc… listed below). CLICK HERE to read our group guidelines and request a group visit.
Group Admission Rates
$20.00 Group Admission (per guest)
FREE Educational Organization Group Admission (if pre-scheduled)
Discounted Admission Rates
FREE Members of the Gardens
$10.00 Member's Guest – purchase upon entry, MCBG member must be present
$10.00 Local – Residents of the MCRPD district
$12.00 Military – available for all military personnel
$2.00 Museums for All Program– purchase upon entry, with EBT or WIC card
FREE Reciprocal Admissions Program – with proof of current membership
We ask our guests to follow these simple guidelines to ensure that everyone at this garden by the sea has an enjoyable experience.
- The Garden Store and Nursery are open daily. Rhody's Garden Café is open seasonally from April through October. There is never an admission charge to shop or dine.
- Dogs are welcome and enjoy free admission. Please clean up after your dog and keep them leashed and close to you at all times. Please note, there are a handful of special events at which we do not allow dogs, such as but not limited to, Festival of Lights. Please do check event guidelines prior to bringing your pup.
- Groups visiting with 15 or more guests must schedule a visit at least 3 weeks in advance. Please CLICK HERE to read the Group Visit Guidelines and complete a request form to schedule your visit.
- We have a number of electric carts for guests with mobility issues. They are available to rent ($10 rental; free for members) on a first-come-first-served basis and are not available by reservation. For your safety, electric carts are not available on wet/rainy days. Weight capacity is 400 lbs. A cart rental agreement must be signed in order to rent an electric cart.
- Regular admission and entry procedures apply for non-commercial filming/photography that is intended for private use as long as the session does not impact the grounds or visitors. Examples include but are not limited to, garden/nature and portrait photography. Please read our Film & Photography Guidelines prior to your visit.
- Please read and follow our local Health Order. If you are sick, please stay home.
Membership to the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens gives you free admission to the Gardens for individuals or the households (depending on membership level), discounted admission for guests of members, discounts on workshops, discounts in The Garden Store and Nursery, invitations to special member events, free or discounted admission at more than 350 other public gardens (find participating gardens), and more. CLICK HERE for full details.
How to get here
- Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is located on the west side of State Highway One at 18220 North Highway 1 between Fort Bragg, California and Mendocino, California. CLICK HERE for directions.
- Parking is free, but limited, please plan to carpool. Overflow parking is available for RVs and oversized vehicles just south of the main entrance. You will see signs directing you to the overflow lot off of Ocean Drive.
Groups, Tours, and Weddings
- Group Visits: Groups visiting with 15 or more guests must schedule a visit at least 3 weeks in advance. Please read the Group Visit Guidelines and complete a request form to schedule your visit. For more information about scheduling a visit, please call 707-964-4352 ext. 10 or email email@example.com.
- Educational Organization Group Visits: Educational/student groups of all ages receive free admission if scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance. Please complete this questionnaire to submit your group's visit request. For more information about scheduling a visit, please call 707-964-4352 ext. 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Events: The natural splendor of our coastal botanical garden offers a gorgeous backdrop for special occasions, whether you are celebrating an anniversary or throwing a company picnic. For information about holding a private event at one of the Gardens outdoor sites, please email MCBG Event Coordinator, Jamie Campione at email@example.com.
- Weddings Ceremonies: We are here to make your day special. We encourage you to take a tour of the Gardens and discover the variety of sites available for wedding ceremonies. More information and pictures of our most popular sites. For information about booking a wedding or to schedule a tour, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about visiting the Gardens call us at 707-964-4352 ext 16 or email email@example.com.