Visiting the Gardens
For your safety and ours, all guests must purchase tickets online prior to visiting. Current members of the Gardens do not need a reservation to visit or shop the Nursery and Store, please bring your membership card if possible ("Member Guest" tickets are available HERE and must be purchased in advance). CLICK HERE to learn more about the changes we've made to keep visitors and staff safe, make a reservation, or become a member.
CURRENT VISITING HOURS
10:00am to 4:00pm each Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Gardens closed Monday and Tuesday
Advanced tickets required — GET TICKETS
All visitors must purchase tickets online prior to visiting. Please read and adhere to the Visiting Guidelines listed below. Tickets are non-refundable. On the 1st of each month, tickets will be released for the following month. Proceeds directly benefit our non-profit botanical garden and its mission is to engage and enrich lives by displaying and conserving plants in harmony with our Northern California coastal ecosystems and to preserve public access to the coast.
$15.00 General (15 and older)
$12.00 Seniors (65 and older)
$10.00 Coast Resident (MCRPD district - Gualala to Westport)
$8.00 Juniors (aged 6 to 14)
FREE Children (aged 5 and under)
Members are free. Become a member today!
$10.00 Member's Guests (when accompanied by a member)
$12.00/person Group Rates (12 or more)
FREE Active Duty Military
FREE American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Garden Program Members!
Purchase, Renew, or Gift a Membership
Membership to the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens gives you free admission to the Gardens for individuals or the households (depending on membership level), discounted admission for guests of members, discounts on workshops, discounts in The Garden Store and Nursery, invitations to special member events, free or discounted admission at more than 300 other public gardens (find participating gardens), and more. CLICK HERE for full details.
$40 Senior Individual (65 and older)
$70 Senior Household
$125 - $1,000 Business Membership
- No walk ups! Unless you are a current member, you must purchase tickets online prior to your visit. Daily capacity is capped to ensure necessary space for social distancing.
- Well-behaved dogs on leashes no longer than 6 feet are welcome and enjoy free admission.
- The Garden Store and Nursery are open! You may shop during your scheduled visit (current MCBG members do not need tickets or a reservatin to visit). Credit card only. Rhody's Garden Café remains closed.
- Electric scooter rentals are unavailable at this time.
- If you are sick, please stay home.
- Leave 6 feet of space between you and others not in your party. If passing another visitor on a trail, please announce yourself and provide space for fellow guests to pass.
- All visitors must wear face masks in accordance with the Mendocino County Health Order at all times to protect yourself, other guests, and our staff.
- There will be limited access to restrooms. The interior Display House restrooms are the only available restroom facilities onsite. Bring your own water as all water fountains will be turned off. Plan to wash or sanitize your hands regularly. Sorry no picnics allowed.
- All visitors must follow State, Mendocino County, and CDC requirements. Visitors not following requirements may be asked to leave.
Thank you for helping everyone stay healthy!
HOW TO GET HERE
Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is located on the west side of State Highway One at 18220 North Highway 1 between Fort Bragg, California and Mendocino, California. CLICK HERE for directions.
FEATURES & ACCESSIBILITY
- The Gardens' main trails are wheelchair accessible to the ocean. Electric scooter rentals are unavailable at this time.
- Dogs welcome! Well-mannered dogs on leashes no longer than 6 feet are welcome and enjoy free admission. Please note: Dogs are not permitted at some of our special events including but not limited to Art in the Gardens (1st Saturday in August) and Festival of Lights (mid-November to mid-December). Please plan to keep your pets at home or arrange for doggy daycare during these special events.
- Workshops and guided walks – Our Calendar includes information on classes, workshops, and ongoing monthly activities.
GROUPS, TOURS, & WEDDINGS
- Group Discount: Groups with 12 or more guests can take advantage our discounted group rate of $12 per person if payment is made in one transaction.
- Educational Visits: Educational/student groups of all ages receive free admission if scheduled in advance with our administrative offices. For more information about scheduling a visit, please call 707-964-4352 ext. 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Events: The natural splendor of our coastal botanical garden offers a gorgeous backdrop for special occasions whether you are celebrating an anniversary or throwing a company picnic. For information about holding a private event at one of the Gardens outdoor sites, please contact 707-964-4352 ext. 19 or email@example.com.
- Weddings Ceremonies & Receptions: We are here to make your day special. We encourage you to take a tour of the Gardens and discover the variety of sites available for a wedding ceremony or reception. More information and pictures of our most popular sites. For information about booking a wedding or to schedule a tour, please contact 707-964-4352 ext. 19 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about Mendocino Coast Master Gardeners.