Visiting Hours & Ticket Info
SUMMER HOURS (Apr - Oct):
Monday – Thursday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Friday – Sunday 9:00am to 6:00pm
Advanced admission tickets are strongly recommended. We have a limited number of timed entry tickets available each day to help manage our limited parking spaces. We are dog-friendly with the exception of a handful of special events.
MCBG Members do not need reservations/tickets to visit though special events may require the purchase of event tickets. Discounted member-guest tickets can be purchased in person at the Gardens, they are not available online.
- AHS Reciprocal Admissions Program Members do not need reservations/tickets to visit though special events will require the purchase of event tickets. Show proof of current membership for entry.
- Groups with 15 or more guests are required to schedule a group visit or guided tour with our Administrative Coordinator at least 4 weeks in advance. Special ticket prices are not available for groups of 15 or more guests (i.e., junior, senior, coast resident, etc…).
Tickets are limited and we highly recommend that all visitors purchase tickets online prior to visiting to ensure availability. We recommend planning for at least a 1.5-hour visit if you wish to see the entirety of our 47-acre botanical garden which includes 4 miles (6.44 km) of trails. It is about a half-mile walk to the ocean and a half-mile walk from the ocean back to the main entrance. We recommend comfortable shoes and reusable water bottles to fully enjoy your visit. For a more leisurely and less crowded stroll, consider coming before 11AM or after 2PM. All tickets are non-refundable. Proceeds directly benefit our nonprofit botanical garden and its mission is to engage and enrich lives by displaying and conserving plants in harmony with our Northern California coastal ecosystems and to preserve public access to the coast.
General Admission Rates:
$20.00 General Admission (15 and older)
$17.00 Seniors (65 and older)
$8.00 Juniors (age 6 to 14)
FREE Children (age 5 and younger)
Group Admission Rates – 15 or more guests:
$20.00 Group Admission (per guest, discounts not available)
FREE Educational Organization Group Admission
Groups of 15 or more guests are required to schedule a group visit or guided tour with our Administrative Coordinator. Special ticket prices are not available for groups of 15 or more guests (i.e., junior, senior, local, etc…). The Group Admission Rates cover the docents and staff time. Group visits must be scheduled at least 4 weeks in advance with our administrative offices. CLICK HERE to read our group guidelines and request a group visit.
Discounted Admission Rates:
FREE Members of the Gardens
$10.00 Member's Guest – purchase upon entry, MCBG member must be present
$10.00 Local – Residents of the MCRPD district
$12.00 Military – available for all military personnel
$2.00 Museums for All Program– purchase upon entry, with EBT or WIC card
FREE Reciprocal Admissions Program – with proof of current membership
We ask our guests to follow these simple guidelines to ensure that everyone at this garden by the sea has an enjoyable experience.
- Tickets are limited and we highly recommend that all visitors purchase tickets online prior to visiting to ensure availability.
- Groups visiting with 15 or more guests must schedule a visit at least 4 weeks in advance. Please CLICK HERE to read the Group Visit Guidelines and complete a request form to schedule your visit.
- Dogs are welcome and enjoy free admission. Please clean up after your dog and keep them leashed and close to you at all times. Please note, there are a handful of special events at which we do not allow dogs, such as but not limited to, Festival of Lights. Please do check event guidelines prior to bringing your pup.
- The Garden Store and Nursery are open daily. Rhody's Garden Café is open seasonally from April through September. There is never an admission charge to shop or dine.
- We have a number of electric carts for guests with mobility issues. They are available to rent ($10 rental; free for members) on a first-come-first-served basis and are not available by reservation. For your safety, electric carts are not available on wet/rainy days. Weight capacity is 400 lbs. A cart rental agreement must be signed in order to rent an electric cart.
- Regular admission and entry procedures apply for non-commercial filming/photography that is intended for private use as long as the session does not impact the grounds or visitors. Examples include but are not limited to, garden/nature and portrait photography. Please read our Film & Photography Guidelines prior to your visit.
- Please read and follow our local Health Order. If you are sick, please stay home.
Purchase or Gift a Membership
Renew your Membership
Membership to the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens gives you free admission to the Gardens for individuals or the households (depending on membership level), discounted admission for guests of members, discounts on workshops, discounts in The Garden Store and Nursery, invitations to special member events, free or discounted admission at more than 350 other public gardens (find participating gardens), and more. CLICK HERE for full details.
$40 Senior Individual (65 and older)
$70 Senior Household (65 and older)
$10 Museums for All (with EBT or WIC card)
$125 Business Membership
$200 Business Sponsor Membership
$500 Business Contributor Membership
$1,000 Business Patron Membership
How to get here
- Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is located on the west side of State Highway One at 18220 North Highway 1 between Fort Bragg, California and Mendocino, California. CLICK HERE for directions.
- Parking is free, but limited, please plan to carpool. Overflow parking is available for RVs and oversized vehicles just south of the main entrance. You will see signs directing you to the overflow lot off of Ocean Drive.
Groups, Tours, and Weddings
- Group Visits: Groups visiting with 15 or more guests must schedule a visit at least 4 weeks in advance. The Group Admission Rates ($15/person) covers the docents and staff time. Please read the Group Visit Guidelines and complete a request form to schedule your visit. For more information about scheduling a visit, please call 707-964-4352 ext. 10 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Educational Organization Group Visits: Educational/student groups of all ages receive free admission if scheduled at least 4 weeks in advance. Please complete this questionnaire to submit your group's visit request. For more information about scheduling a visit, please call 707-964-4352 ext. 10 or email email@example.com.
- Private Events: The natural splendor of our coastal botanical garden offers a gorgeous backdrop for special occasions, whether you are celebrating an anniversary or throwing a company picnic. For information about holding a private event at one of the Gardens outdoor sites, please email MCBG Event Coordinator, Jamie Campione at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weddings Ceremonies: We are here to make your day special. We encourage you to take a tour of the Gardens and discover the variety of sites available for wedding ceremonies. More information and pictures of our most popular sites. For information about booking a wedding or to schedule a tour, please contact email@example.com.
If you have any questions about visiting the Gardens call us at 707-964-4352 ext 16 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Day in the Gardens from Mendocino Coast Films on Vimeo.
Next: About »