Visiting the Gardens
We are currently closed to the public. Reservations to visit are now available to members of the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens. CLICK HERE to learn more about the changes we've made to keep visitors and staff safe, make a reservation, or become a member.
All proceeds directly benefit our non-profit botanical garden and its mission is to engage and enrich lives by displaying and conserving plants in harmony with our Northern California coastal ecosystems and to preserve public access to the coast.
$15.00 General (15 and older)
$12.00 Seniors (65 and older)
$10.00 Coast Resident (MCRPD district - Gualala to Westport)
$8.00 Juniors (aged 6 to 14)
FREE Children (aged 5 and under)
Members are free. Become a member today!
$10.00 Member's Guests (when accompanied by a member)
$12.00/person Group Rates (12 or more)
FREE Active Duty Military
FREE American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Garden Program Members!
Membership to the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens gives you free admission to the Gardens for individuals or the households (depending on membership level), discounted admission for guests of members, discounts on workshops, discounts in The Garden Store and Nursery, invitations to special member events, free or discounted admission at more than 300 other public gardens (find participating gardens), and more. CLICK HERE for full details.
$40 Senior Individual (65 and older)
$70 Senior Household
$125 - $1,000 Business Membership
HOW TO GET HERE
Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is located on the west side of State Highway One at 18220 North Highway 1 between Fort Bragg, California and Mendocino, California. CLICK HERE for directions.
FEATURES & ACCESSIBILITY
- The Gardens' main trails are wheelchair accessible to the ocean. We have a number of electric carts available for guests with mobility issues on a first come, first served basis. A $10 fee will be charged for rental. A cart rental agreement must be signed in order to rent an electric cart. For your safety, electric carts are not available on wet/rainy days.
- You may purchase lunch from Rhody's Garden Café to take into the Gardens, or bring your own picnic food to enjoy within the Gardens.
- Dogs welcome! Well-mannered dogs on leashes no longer than 6 feet are welcome and enjoy free admission. Please note: Dogs are not permitted at some of our special events including but not limited to Art in the Gardens (1st Saturday in August) and Festival of Lights (mid-November to mid-December). Please plan to keep your pets at home or arrange for doggy daycare during these special events.
- Workshops and guided walks – Our Calendar includes information on classes, workshops, and ongoing monthly activities.
GROUPS, TOURS, & WEDDINGS
- Group Discount: Groups with 12 or more guests can take advantage our discounted group rate of $12 per person if payment is made in one transaction.
- Educational Visits: Educational/student groups of all ages receive free admission if scheduled in advance with our administrative offices. For more information about scheduling a visit, please call 707-964-4352 ext. 10 or email email@example.com.
- Guided Tours: Docent-led tours are available upon request with at least 2-weeks’ notice. There is a $25 charge per docent, we require 1 docent for every 12-15 people/students. Please note: We do not start scheduling your docents until we receive payment. The docent fee is refundable if cancellation occurs no later than 1 week prior to the scheduled date. Our seasonal café (open mid-April through mid-September) offers boxed lunches for 12 or more people with a 3-weeks’ notice. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707-964-4352 x10 if you have any questions or would like to arrange for a tour, docents, or boxed lunches.
- Private Events: The natural splendor of our coastal botanical garden offers a gorgeous backdrop for special occasions whether you are celebrating an anniversary or throwing a company picnic. For information about holding a private event at one of the Gardens outdoor sites, please contact 707-964-4352 ext. 19 or email@example.com.
- Weddings Ceremonies & Receptions: We are here to make your day special. We encourage you to take a tour of the Gardens and discover the variety of sites available for a wedding ceremony or reception. More information and pictures of our most popular sites. For information about booking a wedding or to schedule a tour, please contact 707-964-4352 ext. 19 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about Mendocino Coast Master Gardeners.