Giving to the Gardens
Please consider donating toward our Annual Appeal. CLICK HERE to donate in one easy step!
Our mission is to engage and enrich lives by displaying and conserving plants in harmony with our Northern California coastal ecosystems.
As a non-profit organization, our goal is to provide a setting for plants and visitors to thrive. We do this through conservation, education, and inspiration.
How You Can Make a Difference
We have many opportunities for you to join us in our mission. Here are a few options:
- Tax-deductible charitable contributions
- Estate planning
- Naming and dedications
- Memorials and tributes
- Endowment building
- Matching gifts
- Annual fund
- Event sponsorship — Art in the Gardens — Festival of Lights
Please phone 707-964-4352 ext 10 for more information.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
Looking for ways to reduce your taxes through charitable giving, but finding your traditional charitable contributions are no longer deductible as of 2018? A Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) allows IRA owners over the age of 70 ½ to transfer part or all of their annual Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) directly to a qualified charity such as the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens. Click here for more details.
GRATITUDE FROM THE GARDENS
Community Foundation of Mendocino County
The Community Foundation of Mendocino County recently awarded $103,500 in local grants. Twenty-three “Community Enrichment” grants will fund projects from across Mendocino County. Among the focus areas in this year’s grants are programs that will provide healthy food, increase access to outdoor recreation, beautify community spaces, preserve local history, and enhance opportunities to improve people’s lives. Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens received $5,000 for the purpose of repairing five bridges within the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens to create a more usable and visitor-friendly atmosphere. The repair of these five bridges will be a huge asset creating a safer and more sustainable network of trails allowing visitors full access to the Gardens... all the way to the ocean. We plan to dismantle the bridges and repurpose the useable planks and rails. MCBG wants to thank the Community Foundation of Mendocino County's staff and dedicated board of directors for your continued support!
Mulch and newly planted specimens in the Heath & Heather Collection and Entry Garden supported by the Jack T. and Chatter C. Bishoff Fund. The Bishoff Fund is a "designated fund" established within The Community Foundation of Mendocino County to support specific organizations, such as a school or nonprofit group, through a perpetual endowment.
- Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is a unique botanical treasure that can only be maintained, strengthened, and shared through the philanthropic support of our donors.
- Honor your loved one with a Memorial Bench at Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens.
- Looking for ways to reduce your taxes through charitable giving? A Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) allows IRA owners over the age of 70 ½ to transfer part or all of their annual Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) directly to a qualified charity such as the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens.
- Donation of supplies is a great way to show your support for the Gardens! With your tax-deductible donation of any item on the Wish List, you actively become a part of our mission to engage and enrich lives by displaying and conserving plants in harmony with our Northern California Coastal ecosystems.
- Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is enrolled in the Amazon Smile program. This program gives you a simple and automatic way to support the Gardens every time you shop! AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the Gardens.