Art in the Gardens 2023 — T-shirt Design Contest
This year we celebrate the 30th Anniversary of our summer festival, Art in the Gardens! In honor of this milestone, we are calling all designers to help us create a fun t-shirt for all our visitors to rock this year!
The winner of this contest will have their design featured on the 2023 Art in the Gardens shirts, sweatshirts and possibly other printed items. Recognition will be given in the event program, on our website, and on social media pages. The winner will also receive apparel featuring their design, two tickets to Art in the Gardens, and a household membership!
A LITTLE HISTORY
In the past, our Art in the Gardens apparel has included images of our Featured Artwork. The shirts have highlighted a variety of styles of artwork. This year we are opening it up to you! Give us your best creative depiction combining the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens and our annual summer festival, Art in the Gardens.
There is no entry fee to submit a design. Only one design submission per contestant. If you are under the age of 18, you may create a design, but it must be submitted on your behalf by a parent or guardian. The winning design will adhere to the following design guidelines:
- Must be the artist's own original work and they have all necessary rights and permissions to use any included elements
- Must represent Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens and Art in the Gardens in some way
- Design should be built to fit within a 10" wide by 12" tall area
- Submitted in high resolution between 600 and 1200 dpi as a .pdf, .png, .ai, or .psd file (CMYK color if more than 6 colors)
- Submit your design (1 per contestant) beginning Friday, January 13, 2023
- LAST DAY to submit a design – no exceptions – Friday, March 24, 2023
- Winner will be announced in April
Start Date: Friday, January 13, 2023
End Date: Friday, March 24, 2023