Board Members of Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens
The Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens Board of Directors meet on the second Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. in the Gardens' Meeting Room.
- Tim Gage - President
Walt Valen - Vice President
Jim Plank - Treasurer
Noreen Evans - Secretary
Kirk Marshall - MCRPD Representative
- Sandy Scott
Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens' mission is to engage and enrich lives by displaying and conserving plants in harmony with our Northern California coastal ecosystems.
- To be a treasured resource that inspires joy and learning through our exquisite gardens and important collections, restored natural environment, and unique cultural history.
- To provide superior plant selections and excellent design in display and demonstration gardens while protecting native plants and wildlife habitat in conservation areas.
- Community: We will be a resource for inspiration, learning, and recreation for our local and extended communities.
- Relationships: We respect and value all members of the Gardens community—visitors, staff, volunteers, members, and contributors.
- Conservation: We will protect the plants, the natural environment, and the cultural history of the land we occupy.
- Excellence: We will strive for the highest professional standards in everything we do.
- Fiscal Stewardship: It is our responsibility to ensure the fiscal health of the Gardens.
- Integrity: We will conduct all activities in an open, ethical, and inclusive manner.
- Sustainability: We will manage the resources of the Gardens in an environmentally responsible manner.