Board Members of Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens
The Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens Board of Directors meet on the second Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. in the Gardens' Meeting Room.
- Tim Gage - President
Walt Valen - Vice President
Jim Plank - Treasurer
Noreen Evans - Secretary
Kirk Marshall - MCRPD Representative
- Sandy Scott
Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens' mission is to engage and enrich lives by displaying and conserving plants in harmony with our Northern California coastal ecosystems and to preserve public access to the coast.
- To be a treasured resource that inspires joy and learning through our exquisite gardens and important collections, restored natural environment, and unique cultural history.
- To provide superior plant selections and excellent design in display and demonstration gardens while protecting native plants and wildlife habitat in conservation areas.
- Community: We will be a resource for inspiration, learning, and recreation for our local and extended communities.
- Relationships: We respect and value all members of the Gardens community—visitors, staff, volunteers, members, and contributors.
- Conservation: We will protect the plants, the natural environment, and the cultural history of the land we occupy.
- Excellence: We will strive for the highest professional standards in everything we do.
- Fiscal Stewardship: It is our responsibility to ensure the fiscal health of the Gardens.
- Integrity: We will conduct all activities in an open, ethical, and inclusive manner.
- Sustainability: We will manage the resources of the Gardens in an environmentally responsible manner.