Paper Collage Workshop at Art in the Gardens
Friday, August 5, 2022
from 10AM to 3PM with AIG 2012's Featured Artist, Sandy Oppenheimer
in the MCBG Education Center
Create a portrait of an animal in collage working from photo references in a lively and supportive atmosphere. The day will start with a quick overview of the basic principles of art and a warm-up, and then you will get to work! Sandy will circulate and help each person with their creative problem-solving. Expect to work vigorously, have fun and finish one piece by the end of the workshop.
Sandy will provide an array of decorative papers that you will be able to incorporate into your collage.
Class size is limited to 10 participants. Registration for this workshop must be completed in advance online. Please note, all workshop fees are non-refundable unless the workshop has been canceled or rescheduled by the Gardens.
Non-member Workshop Registration .......................... $140 per participant and includes Gardens/Art in the Gardens admission for the day
Member Workshop Registration ............ $130 per current MCBG Member*
*Hey Members, we have a new ticketing program! To receive your discounted rate for workshop registration (and any other membership discounts) here are the steps you need to take:
- Click the "Member Workshop Registration" link and use the form to verify your membership and apply your discounted rate.
- Input your Membership ID and Last Name. If you do not know your Membership ID you can verify membership using your email address by clicking the blue "Verify with your email address" link to the bottom right of the "Last Name" box
- Once verification is completed, you should see your discounted rates and can complete your workshop registration.
- Then proceed to check out or add other fun things to your cart.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Sandy Oppenheimer is a self-taught artist who “paints with paper” in an intuitive and playful manner. She takes my inspiration from the great painters of the past, beautiful handmade papers from around the world, and from the fortunate life she lives.
For 30 years, Sandy has been working as an artist, primarily "painting with paper". As a teacher, Sandy tries to pass on what she has discovered in her years of developing a visual language, and help unleash the creative play and potential in each individual. Her work can be seen at www.sandyoppenheimercollage.com.
MATERIALS TO BRING
- Good pair of scissors (it helps to have a large one and a small one, if possible)
- Good eraser
- Piece of 300 lb. watercolour paper, or wood panel (both can be purchased at Racines or online). 9 x 12 or 11x 14 is a good size. If you prefer a square format, 10x10 or 12x12 will work well.
- Elmer's Glue (8 oz. container... can be bigger, but not smaller)
- Cheap glue brush (if dried glue on your fingers bothers you)
- Good photo, or two of your subject... black and white preferred
- Any decorative papers you have or particularly want to use
Date: Friday, August 5, 2022
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org