Visiting the Gardens
We are open every day of the year, with the exception of the Saturday after Labor Day (Winesong Charity Auction & Tasting); Thanksgiving; and Christmas.
General admission guest passes are not accepted for entry during our two annual events — Art in the Gardens (1st Saturday in August) and Festival of Lights (4 weekends following Thanksgiving); an event ticket must be purchased as these are major fundraisers for the Gardens.
Summer Hours* (March–October): 9:00am to 5:00pm
Winter Hours (November–February): 9:00am to 4:00pm
*Extended Summer hours: Open until 7:00pm each Friday and Saturday in June, July, and August!
All proceeds directly benefit our non-profit botanical garden and our mission to engage and enrich lives by displaying and conserving plants in harmony with our Northern California coastal ecosystems.
$15.00 General (15 and older)
$12.00 Seniors (65 and older)
$10.00 MCRPD Resident (local residents - Gualala to Westport)
$8.00 Juniors (aged 6 to 14)
FREE Children (aged 5 and under)
Members are free. Become a member today!
$10.00 Member's Guests (when accompanied by member)
$12.00/person Group Rates (12 or more visitors paid in one transaction)
FREE Active Duty Military
FREE American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Garden Program Members!
FEATURES & ACCESSIBILITY
- The Gardens' main trails are wheelchair accessible to the ocean. We have a number of electric carts available for guests with mobility issues on a first come, first served basis. A $10 fee will be charged for rental. A cart rental agreement must be signed in order to rent an electric cart. For your safety, electric carts are not available on wet/rainy days.
- You may purchase lunch from Rhody's Garden Café to take into the Gardens, or bring your own picnic food to enjoy within the Gardens.
- Dogs welcome! Well-mannered dogs on leashes no longer than 6 feet are welcome and enjoy free admission. Please note: Dogs are not permitted at some of our special events including but not limited to Art in the Gardens (1st Saturday in August) and Festival of Lights (mid-November to mid-December). Please plan to keep your pets at home or arrange for doggy daycare during these special events.
GROUPS, TOURS, & WEDDINGS
- Group discounts are available for 12 or more guests. Please note, the group admissions payment must be made in one transaction.
- Weekend workshops and classes – Our Calendar includes information on classes, workshops, and ongoing monthly activities.
- Education programs for visiting schools (one month notice required). Educational/student groups of all ages receive free admission. For more information about scheduling a tour, please call 707-964-4352 ext. 10 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Docent-led tours are available upon request with at least 2-weeks’ notice. We require a $25 deposit per docent and recommend 1 docent for every 12-15 people/students. This deposit is ONLY kept if the tour is canceled without 72-hours’ notice. Please note: We do not start scheduling your docents until we receive the deposit. Our seasonal café (open mid-April through mid-September) offers boxed lunches for 12 or more people with a 3-weeks’ notice. Contact email@example.com or call 707-964-4352 x10 if you have any questions or would like to arrange for a tour or boxed lunches.
- Weddings Ceremonies & Receptions: We are here to make your day special. We encourage you to take a tour of the Gardens and discover the seven venues available for a wedding ceremony or reception. More information and pictures of our most popular sites. For information about booking a wedding or to schedule a tour, please contact 707-964-4352 ext. 19 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Here's how to find Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens.