Visiting the Gardens:
Admissions, Hours and Other Information
We are open every day of the year, with the exception of the Saturday after Labor Day (Winesong Charity Auction & Tasting); Thanksgiving; and Christmas.
General admission guest passes are not accepted for entry during our two annual events — Art in the Gardens (1st Saturday in August) and Festival of Lights (4 weekends following Thanksgiving); an event ticket must be purchased as these are major fundraisers for the Gardens.
March–October: 9:00am to 5:00pm
November–February: 9:00am to 4:00pm
All proceeds directly benefit our non-profit botanical garden and its mission is to engage and enrich lives by displaying and conserving plants in harmony with our Northern California coastal ecosystems.
$15.00 General (15 and older)
$12.00 Seniors (65 and older)
$10.00 MCRPD Resident (local residents - Gualala to Westport)
$8.00 Juniors (aged 6 to 14)
FREE Children (aged 5 and under)
Members are free. Become a member today!
$10.00 Member's Guests (when accompanied by member)
$12.00/person Group Rates (12 or more visitors paid in one transaction)
FREE Active Duty Military
FREE American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Garden Program Members!
FEATURES & ACCESSIBILITY
- The Gardens' main trails are wheelchair accessible to the ocean. We have a number of electric carts available for guests with mobility issues on a first come, first-served basis. A $10 fee will be charged for rental. A cart rental agreement must be signed in order to rent an electric cart. For your safety, electric carts are not available on wet/rainy days.
- You may purchase lunch from Rhody's Garden Café to take into the Gardens, or bring your own picnic food to enjoy within the Gardens.
- Dogs welcome! Well-mannered dogs on leashes no longer than 6 feet are always welcome and enjoy free admission.
- Learn more about the varied and splendid opportunities for holding your Wedding at the Gardens.
- A brand new feature of our Garden is The Quail Trail: A Child's Guide. Children spot the Quail markers throughout the Garden using clues from a brochure guide given at our entry counter.
Information about the Mendocino Coast Master Gardeners.
Directions and link to map to Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens.