ART - MUSIC - FOOD - DRINKS - BLOOMS
AUGUST 7 and 8, 2021
Featured Artist | CAROLYN ZEITLER
Art in the Gardens is back! The event will be quite different this year, but all the same, we will be celebrating art and community amongst the dramatic summertime blooms of the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens. Pick your own experience during this year's three-day event. Activities will include daily art workshops, the "Saturday Soirée", and festivities on the Event Lawn featuring art vendors, live music, food, and drinks. Take a look at all of the opportunities below!
CLICK THE SCHEDULE ABOVE TO ENLARGE
Workshops — Aug 6, 7, and 8
REGISTER FOR WORKSHOPS ONLINE — This year we have added a variety of opportunities for you to get creative and nurture your inner artist. Click the linked titles below to learn more about each workshop and register to participate. Special Event tickets required for members and non-members.
- Kid's Painting (ages 9 and up) — August 6 and 7
- Paint & Sip (ages 21 and up) — August 6, 7, and 8
- Paper Collage — August 6 — SOLD OUT
- Nature Journaling – August 7 and 8
- Pine Needle Basketry — August 7 and 8 — SOLD OUT
AIG Festivities — Aug 7 and 8
GET TICKETS ONLINE — Live music, food, drinks, and art vendors on the Event Lawn from 11AM-4PM. These activities and free with General Admission (advanced reservations required). These activities are free for current MCBG Members (no tickets/reservations required), for a more speedy entry please bring your membership card and pay for your guests in advance. Here is what we have planned for the weekend:
MUSIC sponsored by Rossi Building Materials
Saturday, August 7
McClure/Archain/Yañez Trio from 11AM - 1PM on the Event Lawn — Three of Mendocino County's foremost purveyors of the one true original American art form: Jazz
Earl Oliver from 11AM to 1PM in the Perennial Garden – Blues and jazz
Chuck T from 12PM - 2PM in the Dahlia Garden — Classic rock, country, folk, and blues
Mama Grows Funk from 2PM - 4PM on the Event Lawn — Funk, soul, Latin, and R&B influences
Sunday, August 8
Jan Kessner from 10:30AM to 12PM in the Perennial Garden — Accordion player
Megan Miller and the Meta from 11AM - 1PM on the Event Lawn— Folk, soul, jazz, western swing, and blues
Back Porch Trio from 1PM - 3PM in the Dahlia Garden — Acoustic guitar, ukelele, and bass that accompany our harmony vocals
Mendocino Dance Project at 1:30PM in the Perennial Garden
The Mendonesians from 2PM - 4PM on the Event Lawn — Latin jazz and swing; piano, sax, bass, drums, vocals, and sometimes steel drums
FOOD & DRINK
We will have a variety of food and beverages available for purchase on the Event Lawn
Rhody's Garden Café will have rice bowls, desserts, and drinks
Cowlicks Ice Cream
Sugar Coated Catering
Beer available for purchase – sponsored by North Coast Brewing Company
Wine available for purchase – sponsored by Artevino & Maple Creek Winery, BARRA of Mendocino, Bee Hunter Wine, Frey Vineyards, Foursight Wines, Graziano Family of Wines, Husch Vineyards, Meyer Family Cellars, Navarro Vineyards & Winery, Pennyroyal Farm & Vineyard, Toulouse Vineyards, Witching Stick Wines
- Albion Natural Soap — Hand-crafted bar and liquid soap, shampoo, and lip balm
- Bahia Beads — Hand crocheted beaded jewelry
- Button Quinn — Contemporary artwork
- Cat Francisco Photography — Photography printed on metal
- Elliot Little Photography — Digital fine art photography
- Fabric Fotos — Art quilts and photographs rendered in fabric
- Flockworks — Kids art activity/mural on the Event Lawn
- Granite Mountain Arts — Hand-crafted garden art
- Hilary Eddy* — Oil Paintings
- Hoppe Holzkreation — Fine woodworking
- Krista Flood Glass Studio — Fused glass, slumped cast and sculpture
- L.A. Hyder Photography — Fine art photography
- Mendocino Garden Creations – Wood birdhouses and planter boxes
- Metal Muse Studio — Metal sculpture and blacksmithing
- Patrick Kelley – Stained glass
- NorthCoast Brine — Ocean inspired original art screen-printed apparel
- Peter Bailey Designs — Fine gold, silver, and semi-precious stone jewelry
- Pícaro Gordo Woodcuts — Hand cut wooden art
- Rapid Artbeat — Acrylics on canvas and epoxy resin
- Rush Studio — Fine gold and silver jewelry
- Sandy Oppenheimer*— Paper collage
- Sev Ikes* & Shanti Benoit* — Collaborative paper collage painting
- Spider, Sparkles and Blooms — Beaded spiders and jewelry
- The Beaded Wench — Handmade beaded jewelry
- Tiny Blue Studio — Natural indigo-dyed textiles
- Viking Pottery —Functional stoneware and porcelain pottery
- ZBO's Art — Impressionist oil paintings
*Previous Featured Artists
Saturday Soirée — Aug 7
An exclusive evening amidst the flowers complete with music, hors d’oeuvres, drinks, dance, and unique garden art. Currently sold out – Special Event tickets required for members and non-members. CLICK to view full details.
Art in the Gardens events will be held rain or shine. Please note, tickets are non-refundable. All proceeds from this fundraiser event support the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens. We ask that visitors continue to wear a face mask inside of the entrance and gift shop. Please read and follow our local Health Order. If you are sick, please stay home. No outside food or beverages allowed. No smoking anywhere in the Gardens. Parking is free but limited, please plan to carpool. Art in the Gardens is an event where photography, audio, and video recording may occur. By entering the event, you consent to be photographed, filmed and/or otherwise recorded. Your entry constitutes your consent to such photography, filming and/or recording and to any use in promotion of Art in the Gardens and the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens (MCBG).
Start Date: Friday, August 6, 2021
End Date: Sunday, August 8, 2021
Location: Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens: 18220 North Highway 1, Fort Bragg, CA 95437
- Create a portrait of an animal in collage working from photo references in a lively and supportive atmosphere.
- Create a basket made from long-needled Coulter pine needles. Learn how to begin to coil using just raffia and pine needles and create a unique design using four distinct stitches. Students will complete a unique ad fragrant vessel and have the skills and knowledge to continue exploring this art form.
- Saturday and Sunday, August 7 and 8, 2021 from 10AM to 4PM with Mary-Ellen Campbell at the MCBG Education Center CLICK HERE to Register for this Workshop – ...
- Grab a friend or three and join Miss Rossi in creating a masterpiece painting at the beautiful Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens! Canvases, paints, brushes, instruction, and wine are all included in the price of the class.
- These beginning acrylic painting classes are tailored to children ages 9 and older. Each student will take home their very own 11" x 14" painting on artist's canvas!
- We invite you to join us for an exclusive evening complete with hors d’oeuvres, drinks, entertainment, and unique garden art.
- These Art in the Gardens activities are free for MCBG Members (no tickets or reservations required) and free with General Admission (advanced reservations required). Join us from 11:00AM to 4:00PM on Saturday, August 7, and Sunday, August 8 for live music, food, and art vendors.
- 2021 Featured Artist | CAROLYN ZEITLER This year’s Featured Artist, Carolyn Zeitler, graduated from San Jose State University...