Art in the Gardens 2017
Fine Art – Music – Wine – Beer – Food – Blooms
Saturday, August 5 . 11AM to 5PM
Featured Artist | Internationally renowned sculptor John Fisher
Set amidst the spectacular background of summer floral displays at Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens, the 25th anniversary of Art in the Gardens (AIG) is fast approaching. The day-long juried art event will be held on Saturday, August 5 from 11AM to 5PM.
Join us in a celebration of creative expression, gorgeous gardens, music, beer, wine, and food. Over the past quarter of a century, AIG has showcased extraordinary creations such as ceramics, glass, paintings, sculpture, textiles, and woodworking. This year’s event will include a special focus on "art in action" giving everyone a chance to witness the creative process involved in several mediums.
Spend the day strolling through our beautiful garden, meeting California artists while viewing a multitude of art on display and for sale, sipping regional wines and craft beers, listening to wonderful music, and tasting the freshest culinary creations from around Mendocino County.
TICKETS available now! Advance tickets are available for purchase at The Garden Store, Harvest Market in Fort Bragg, and Out of This World in Mendocino.
~All tickets are non-refundable~
- General admission tickets $20 in advance or $30 at the door ($5 children ages 6 to 16; Free for children under 5)
- $25 additional for wine or beer tasting
Art in the Gardens will be held rain or shine. No refunds as all proceeds will be donated to the charity. No outside food or beverages allowed. No smoking anywhere in the Gardens. Parking is free but limited, please plan to carpool. We are sorry, no dogs are allowed at Art in the Gardens. General admission guest passes are not allowed for entry; an event ticket must be purchased as this is a fundraiser for the Gardens.
This year’s Featured Artist is internationally acclaimed sculptor John Fisher. After 20 years in Italy, he has established his studio in Northern California with his wife—and past AIG featured artist—Sandy Oppenheimer. For Fisher, sculpting is a profoundly philosophical and spiritual act of faith. "My marble sculptures are carved spontaneously and intuitively, relying upon observation and the discipline of drawing." CLICK HERE for more details on Fisher and his work. A wonderful time was had by all at the 2017 Featured Artwork Unveiling for this year's Art in the Gardens. Come and see John Fisher's stunning Italian marble sculpture "Prayer" on display in the Perennial Garden at Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens.
Art in the Gardens t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, and hooded sweatshirts are on sale now at The Garden Store!
Apparel printed by Hidden Treasures T-Shirt Co.
This year we will be holding a raffle in the theme of “Mendocino Stay and Play” consisting of 5 splendid prize packages that highlight the best lodging, adventures, dining, cultural experiences, handmade creations by AIG artists, and spa treatments that the Mendocino Coast has to offer. CLICK HERE for more details!
Below are some of the things you can expect at AIG 2017... more to come!
Christopher Cisper — Original tap-style guitar; classical and jazz blend
CHUCK T. — Classic rock, country, folk, and blues
Dorian May Trio — Jazz
Gabriel Yañez Trio — Jazz
Lighthouse — Acoustic rock singer/songwriters and guitarists
Jason Wright — Flamenco fusion styled Guitarrista with Jessica Yuen-Benevides
Sergei Bassehes — Classical guitar
Shug-A-Pea — Eclectic contemporary
The Groovinators — Blues, jazz, and swing
The Real Sarahs — Folk-rock harmony weavers
Stay tuned for more details and last-minute additions!
Date: Saturday, August 5, 2017
Location: Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens
Contact: The Garden Store
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 707-964-4352 ext 16
- The Featured Artist for the 25th anniversary of Art in the Gardens is internationally acclaimed sculptor John Fisher. After 20 years in Italy, he has established his studio in Northern California with his wife and artist Sandy Oppenheimer. For Fisher, sculpting is a profoundly philosophical and spiritual act of faith.
- This year we will be holding a raffle in the theme of “Mendocino Stay and Play” consisting of 5 splendid prize packages that highlight the best lodging, adventures, dining, cultural experiences, handmade creations by AIG artists, and spa treatments that the Mendocino Coast has to offer.
- Partner with us in a celebration of creative expression, gorgeous gardens, music, beer, wine, and food that attracts more than 1,500 guests each year. Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens is excited to present the 25th anniversary of Art in Gardens on Saturday, August 5, 2017. This premier juried event on the spectacular Mendocino Coast showcases fine art in many different media.
- We have concluded the call for artists for Art in the Gardens 2017, a juried fine arts event and fundraiser.