F.O.G. - Friends of the Gardens
F.O.G. promotes and advances the welfare and development of MCBG
Friends of the Gardens, F.O.G., is a separate non-profit support organization for Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens. F.O.G. supports the Gardens' development and, as such, is the largest contributor to the growth of the Garden. Since it was formed in 1997, F.O.G. has raised over $175,000. The money has been used to create the plaza at the Gardens' entrance, the restrooms on the bluff, electric carts for disabled visitors and many other things that are crucial to the visitor experience. F.O.G. raises money through the annual Pack-Rat Sale and other events. Being a member of F.O.G. is an enjoyable and social way to support the Gardens.
The Friends meet in the Gardens' Meeting Room the first Tuesday of every month, except July. Watch for special events.
Friends of the Gardens - June Potluck & Centerpiece Auction, June 4th, 2013 at 4 pm at the Vegetable Garden. Your chance to bid on FOG's finest art works.
FOG Exhibit - Mendocino Savings Bank, Fort Bragg July 1 through September 30, 2013
Friends of the Gardens - Pack Rat Yard Sale, Saturday July 13th, 2013. The greatest garage sale on the coast! Finds from garden supplies to antiques and collectibles. The Pack Rat Sale is noted for its quality items, fair prices and friendly service. Volunteer by helping prep during the prior week.... July 8th - 12th!
Friends of the Gardens - Wine Raffle, Tickets available at the Gardens Store or call 707-962-0660. Drawing to be held October 1, 2013. Click HERE for more information.
Friends of the Gardens - Bird House Auction. Houses ready early March for pick up - design your own! Silent Auction begins June 1st through August 16th Final Bid Night, August 16th, from 5:30 to 7:00 pm FOG will serve refreshments on the Plaza, everyone welcome!
You can view this years Birdhouses along the eaves at the entrance to the Garden's Plaza, and online at Friends of the Gardens 2013 Bird House Auction . While these photos will only give you a only a look at the front of each house, you've got to stop by and look them over because sometimes the roof or sides are even more interesting! Bids will be taken on the birdhouses at the Gardens Store.
Wreath Sale - Friday, Saturday & Sunday December 6,7, 8, 2013, 9:00am - 4:00pm.
MISSION STATEMENT: Our mission is to promote and advance the welfare and development of Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens. To that end this group of dedicated members raises funds for special purposes to enhance the Gardens, increase community awareness, and encourage the use and enjoyment of the Gardens by the public. MEMBERSHIP: Becoming a member of Friends of the Gardens is a great way to add your support to the Gardens. (NOTE: FOG is a separate non-profit entity from Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens). Meetings are held the first Tuesday of almost every month, usually in the Meeting Room at the Gardens. Meetings start at 4:00, are usually less than an hour, and are followed by refreshments and social time among the members. A bi-annual newsletter, "Out of the Fog", keeps everyone informed. Throughout the year, fundraisers are held to raise money for the Gardens. To become a F.O.G. member please contact Kittie Meredith at 707-962-0660 or email@example.com.
- FOG Exhibit, July 1 - September 30th at Savings Bank of Mendocino County in Fort Bragg.
- Birdhouse Sale. Houses ready for pick up early March 2013. Silent Auction May 26th through the Final Bid Night on August 16th. Birdhouses are decorated and then sold at the Birdhouse Silent Auction, which ends in a Final Bid Party. You can view this years entries in the Friends of the Gardens Silent Auction Birdhouses online. While these photos will only give you a only a look at the front of each house, you've got to stop by and look them over because sometimes the roof or sides are even more interesting! Bids are now being taken on the birdhouses at the Gardens Store.
- Bake Sale, Saturday April 27st, 2013 - the day of the Gardens' Spring Plant Sale.
- Centerpiece Auction & Potluck; June 5th, 2012 FOG Meeting; members sell their centerpieces.
- Pack Rat Sale; Saturday, July 13th, 2013. Help prep during the prior week - July 8th through 12th. The biggest garage sale on the coast!
- Art in the Gardens Breakfast; Breakfast for artists and volunteers at the Garden's big fundraiser, the first Saturday in August (August 3th, 2013)
- Holiday Wreath & Centerpiece Sale: Friday through Sunday December 6,7,8, 2013.
. Please let us know which events and workshops you'd like to help with.