This is a part time position which provides care and maintenance to a vast array of plant material within the 47-acre Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens. This position employs high standards of horticultural maintenance, record keeping, and safety. The Gardens includes both designed, cultivated gardens and collections and restoration and management of natural areas. This position may require weekend or shift schedules.
Reports to: Lead Gardener
- Basic knowledge of all forms of maintenance operations: planting, irrigating, weeding, fertilizing, hedging, pruning, aerating, turf renovation, mowing, edging, mulching, soil building, composting, arboriculture, and pest control
- Safely operates and maintains all types of tools and equipment, including mowers, blowers, weed-whips, power hedge shears, gopher traps, and all types of hand tools
- Appreciation for public gardens, horticulture, and MCBG Collections
- Ability to meet goals in a timely manner
- Other tasks may be assigned as necessary
- Incumbent must exemplify a ‘can do’ attitude and actively participate in problem-solving that supports MCBG
- Works cooperatively and respectfully with others as a member of the garden team to contribute to the ongoing success of the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens
- Able to safely, lift, bend, squat, kneel, climb, reach, walk, and twist for extended periods of time
- Must be willing and physically able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Occasional work around hazardous materials and equipment
- 3 years practical experience in care and maintenance of gardens
- California Driver’s License and safe driving record
Please submit an Application for Employment along with a resume to Jaime Jensen at Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens, 18220 North Highway 1, Fort Bragg, CA 95437 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.